Bakdes 2019


On the 3rd until the 5th of January, We went on a thing called Bakdes or Bakti Desa which basically means we get to stay in a village and live play and work in a different environment than the city could offer, since it was quite a long time ago I don't really remember the details about the village itself. I remembered the house that I got to stay in were way nicer than I had anticipated. It has a TV, a pretty clean bathroom, and a nice and comfy bed. I also remember the field that was really close to where the house is being the highlight. although it wasn't really anything special, just a big hill with grasses but living in the heart of Bandung, you don't really get that kind of space and it was very relaxing. If there's one thing that bakdes has told me, it is that I need to be more humble and not take things for granted. I am very privileged and I need to be aware of that. I need to be aware of the comfort that I am so accustomed to and realize that that comfort could be taken away from me. I need to be aware of the doors that were open and the opportunities that I could easily have access to and how not everybody has that and things don't come as easily for some people as they come for me. I also have learned that I will be okay, that whatever happens, given time, I will eventually adapt. I always thought that losing my comfortable life would be the worse thing that could ever happen, that I wouldn't survive a day without the things I deemed indispensable but clearly are not. Seeing how just a few kilometers away from where I live people were living such different lives was an eye-opening experience and I'm very glad that I got the chance to undergo this program.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Getting Started With ESP32 & Arduino IDE: Blinking LED

Formal Invitation Letter Analysis

Natural Phenomenon